Searching...
Tuesday 25 December 2012

Thank You

As this terrible year draws to a close I wanted to thank all the special people who have supported me and helped make my life bearable during this difficult time.

I wish I had the brain power to remember every wonderful, kind gesture and personally thank each of you, however between chemo brain and general old age brain degeneration, I would certainly miss something in the long list and unintentionally leave someone out.  So please accept this broad thank you and know that your help made a difference.

Thank you to the friends who brought me food (especially all the amazing fruit), offered me rides to the hospital and sat by my side when I was going through the chemo hell.  Thanks for the lovely cards sent to me or dropped off mystery style at the front door.  Thanks to those of you who gave me scarves to cover my bald head.  Wearing the scarves enabled me to go out more and feel like less of a cue ball.  Many of you helped by taking Waldo for walks or letting him out for a pee during the long days we were away for chemo.  Waldo and I thank you for that.  Oh and back to food again.  Thanks for the amazing soups that were brought by.  Wade and I loved them.  Speaking of Wade, he truly has been my rock during this time.  He has tirelessly held my hand through both the good days and the bad days.  I know I could not have done this without him.

As the year progressed and more shit hit the fan I had to be away from home for a while, sometimes on short notice.  During that time I got help from some dear friends with the children.  However, as far as the children go, a huge thank you to their Dad and Jenn for everything you both did this year to help them cope with what was going on.

One of the greatest gifts I got this year was the knowledge that people cared.  So many people who I only knew in passing have taken the time to offer their help.  Close friends have shown they cared by always being here and surprising me with great things like the time I came home to find my entire front porch redecorated.  I have received countless emails from readers of this blog offering me their prayers and support.  Truly, despite all the horrific things that happened this year, I feel blessed.

So to everyone, a huge hug and thank you for getting me through this. I know my battle is not over, but I do know I am not in it alone.  I have all of you beside me, supporting me and pushing me through to the end when I will be healthy and normal again.

Have a terrific Holiday and a Happy Healthy New Year.

Here's to a great 2013!

Hugs!
Michelle

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!