Searching...
Tuesday 5 February 2013

Can we eat to starve cancer? A TED talk by William Li

I really enjoyed this TED talk because rather than being told what "NOT" to eat, Mr. Li has found food (and wine) to eat that can help both keep cancer at bay and prevent cancer recurrence.

William Li presents a new way to think about treating cancer and other diseases: anti-angiogenesis, preventing the growth of blood vessels that feed a tumor. The crucial first (and best) step: Eating cancer-fighting foods that cut off the supply lines and beat cancer at its own game.

 

William Li heads the Angiogenesis Foundation, a nonprofit that is re-conceptualizing global disease fighting.  

Please click on an icon below to share this information with others.  If eating more strawberries, tomatoes and red wine could have prevented me from getting cancer, I would have wanted to know this a long time ago.  I would be pink from all the red food I'd been eating, not from the radiation I've been subjected to.

2 comments:

glove said...

i find your blog very graphic and brave. i was diagnosed in dec, took 3 surgeries to clear margins, begin radiation after healing. i have been helped so much by blogs like yours, women generous enough to share their stories, that i decided to start my own, breastcancerrookie.blogspot.com in order to maybe help someone someday too. i called it breast cancer rookie bc that's what i am, and why i'm so grateful for women like you. thanks so much -- katy

Unknown said...

Hi Katy, I just took a quick look at your blog. I really like how you have done it. I'm going to go back for a more indepth read later tonight.
Thanks for your remarks above.
Keep well.
Michelle

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!