Searching...
Friday 12 April 2013

Book Release Party - "soft launch"

Photography by Gadbois Photography
On Tuesday April 2nd an event was held to celebrate the release of my new book entitled "The Year I Died".  The book chronicles my past year; my battle with IBC, a rare and aggressive form of cancer as well my experience with death.  I have been told it is an inspiring story of how I managed to work through grief, pain and loss as well as to come to terms with my own mortality.

Pascale Gadbois from Gadbois Photography and local realtor Julie Quinlan along with help from the Rental Network organized the evening. Guests were greeted with a glass of champagne as they entered the venue, the home of my dear friend and local mortgage broker Michele Ellis. The guest list comprised of supporters of my "Giving Cancer the Boot" campaign as well as close friends and family.

As I was to have major surgery to remove my cancer on Thursday April 4th, my team decided to keep this book launch small.   My amazing photographer and now friend Pascale Gadbois heard about me from our mutual friend Julie Quinlan and was so moved by my story that she contacted me with a suggestion to create a documentary film to share my message with the world.

The evening was also an opportunity to announce the documentary project and to let guests purchase a signed copy of my book. The official "public" book launch will take place some time in late June, early July and will coincide with the release of the documentary film. Keep an eye on The Chief Newspaper for an announcement of the exact date.  My book, "The Year I Died" is now available for purchase on Amazon in both paperback and eBook format. To find out more you can read past posts on this blog or become a supporter on my Facebook page www.facebook.com/MichellePammenterYoung.


PS:  I know many of you were waitng for post surgery news.  I am not ready to write that yet, but I promise I will soon.

Love,
Michelle

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!