Searching...
Tuesday 17 September 2013

YouTube is my new fav. SM platform. Check out some videos...More to come.

Day 6, 7 and 8 all in one.  Google+, YouTube and Pinterest.  As these are all area's of social media and places where one can get exposure and grow your brand, they need to be considered in the Ten Day #SMC.  As mentioned earlier, it is best to focus on three Social media platforms, ones that are best for targeting your specific audience, however these last three warrant discussion.  YouTube especially, because in my opinion video is the wave of the future and it is here now with YouTube, Instagram, Vimeo etc.

I plan on using a lot more video on my site, especially on the cool gadgets section, and in the travel review section.  Although it might be a little unusual conducting a review of a local restaurant with my GoPro stuck on my head.

I love the way video really tells a story and I used it a lot to document my trip to Australia in February 2012.  The unfortunate thing that I didn't know at the time was if you upload a video to Facebook before uploading it to YouTube, you cannot download that video or use it anywhere except in some kind of link format.  So a lesson learned Always upload your videos to YouTube first.  Check out my YouTube account to see the few videos I have.  There will be more to come.

Here are a couple of video's from the Australia trip that I wish I had put up on YouTube (the quality would have been much better)



A little hokey and amateurish, but it's a start.  So, expect to see a lot more YouTube engagement with me in the future.

Google+?  Well, I have some followers on Google+ and I am using circles, but I feel there is a lot more I can do with Google+.  Suffice to say, for now I'm focusing on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, so once I've got those mastered, then I'll wander over to Google+ and see what I can do.  I'm also not a huge user of Pinterest.  I do have a few boards, but they are mainly there for my dreaming.  If you want to check out my stuff on Pinterest click HERE.

So I can tell I have some work to do on these last two platforms.  All in good time.

I'm off to enjoy a walk with my Doggie.

Surgery tomorrow, so I'll write again on Thursday or Friday.

Hugs,
Michelle

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!