Searching...
Friday 30 August 2013

Damn this is a long flight....


The sun rising as we flew over the Pacific Ocean
Day 24 of the 30-Day Blog Challenge.  It is now just past midnight Hawaiian time or just past three in the morning my time.  I am sitting on my flight home during which I had intended to sleep, but of course, cannot get comfortable so have decided to write todays (read yesterdays) blog challenge.  I ask in advance that you forgive any weird thoughts or crazy grammar as my brain is seriously tired. 

Today we were asked to think about what our travel essentials would be for our chosen destination.  This could mean, what is essential in the destination I choose, or what is essential for me to bring along to that destination.  I think the second part, what is essential in the destination I choose has already been answered in my day 23 post, so for this one I will focus on what I need to pack.

As a relatively frequent traveller (in the past for business and now mainly for pleasure) I'm pretty good at packing light.  That being said, I have noticed a few things that need changing.  It seems the last few trips I have taken I have packed far more clothes than I need, particularly if I have access to a washing machine, so I need to trim down on what clothing I pack.  I've already managed to trim down the number of pairs of shoes, so that's a start.  I also realize that I need very little in the way of cosmetics, a skin cream, sunscreen, eyeliner, lipstick and lip balm are really all I use. 

So, then, what else is essential for me?  Here is my list of must haves for any trip. 

  • My Passport
  • My Credit Card
  • Small bills in the currency of the country I am visiting
  • My iPhone (it doubles as my camera)
  • My Bose Headset
  • My laptop
  • My portable speaker
  • Advil
  • Toothbrush & toothpaste
  • Soap (from Be Clean Naturally)
  • A small bottle of water
  • Moisturizer
  • Sunscreen
  • My eye mask for sleeping
  • My pillow (a serious must have & it squishes into a small space)
  • Bug spray
  • My pearls (everyone knows how much I love my pearls)

· 
I think that is pretty much it.  If I have those things then I'm set, and worst-case scenario if there is something I find I really need, I have some cash or a credit card on hand to purchase it.  Pretty cool because I can fit all of that into a carry on bag with a few changes of clothing and I'm set.  Oh yeah!  I still have to be sure to limit myself to three pairs of shoes.  A pair for working out, hiking and biking, a pair for general beach, and casual wear, and a nicer pair if I need to dress it up a bit.

Let's see if I can stick to this and pack well for my upcoming trip to Huatulco.  I'm going to try and catch some shuteye now.  If you haven't had a chance to check out my reviews from the trip to Maui, please do so.  You will find some very cool things to experience when you visit.  Also, be sure to check back here in a couple of days to hear about the amazing adventure we had today.

Night Night......
Michelle
Another shot of the sunrise
30 day challenge

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!