Searching...
Tuesday 13 August 2013

Getting There

Day 6 of the 30 day Blog Challenge and this one is going to be a challenge for me.

The question of the day is:  What are my three priorities for the next 30 days that will move me closer towards living life on my own terms?

Yikes!  That is a tough one for me.  So here I sit staring at a blank screen wondering where to start.  I have so much happening in the next 30 days.  I'm going to Maui with my family, I'm returning to work after a 15 month absence, I'm getting the kids back to school etc. etc.  These aren't just excuses, these are the current realities of my life.  So to also focus on three new priorities could be a tough one.  So, this post is written assuming I have the time to focus on three priorities, what would they be.

#1.  Research and narrow down my ideas into one or two key projects that will help me become location independent.  These projects are separate from my next book project.  I have a few ideas in mind, however more research is needed to fully understand the viability of each and to see if they really are a fit for me.

#2.  Continue to build my online following through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram (pammenter), LinkedIn and Pinterest.

Me with my new car 2011
#3.  Work on a timeline to make this transition.  Is it five years?  Is it ten years?  Will I do it when I am 55?  What will work for me and my family?  What do I need to put in place over the next five or so years to make this happen?  I am very good at setting goals and putting steps in place to make them happen.  Years ago when I had my first great sales job I decided I wanted a red sports car.  I test drove a few and picked the Mazda Miata.  Then I got a photograph of the car from the dealer and put it above my desk at work.  It took about six months of hard work and saving, but I eventually got the car.  Which by the way I loved!  Then a few years ago when I realized my lease on my Audi was coming due I started to think about actually purchasing a car rather than leasing (which I had done forever).  I went car shopping, fell in love with Mercedes and once again made it happen.

So I know that as long as I put in the work to make a plan and work with that plan, be flexible as things morph and change, all along looking at my end goal, I know, I will make it happen.

So that is it for this post.  Short and Sweet!

Time to get away from the computer for a bit.

M.



30 day challenge

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!